Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weeks 38 & 39

Week 38 Pic

Week 39 Pic

We are now approaching week 39 and are ten days from my due date. We are anxiously awaiting the time where we can see our little one. At my last doctors appointment I had not dilated any more than the week before (still at a two), but the doctor said my cervix is beginning to soften and this little one should be here any day. She teased about seeing me this weekend, I told her I would love to.
So far no luck.


I made it four weeks with out throwing up, and hoped to make it to the end of the pregnancy, but ended up throwing up Friday morning. I have to say it has been the best four weeks of the pregnancy. I am a little uncomfortable through the day and achy at night, but really it hasn't been too bad!! My trips to the bathroom are more frequent (especially during the middle of the night) and I seem to be retaining a lot of water and am starting to blow up like a little balloon. My belly button isn't popped out like skinny mommas, but is the only place that I have stretch marks, looking a little purplish and bruised. It is quite tender if I bump into it. Every once and a while at work one of the kids will walk up to me and accidentally walk into my belly. It is funny how they just bounce off. Since I haven't gone into labor yet, I will be heading into work for yet another week with the kids. My last day is the 14th if I don't have our baby sooner.


As we sat and enjoyed conference this weekend I started to get contractions. They were stronger than I have had in a while (but not strong enough to time), so that is a good sign. It made the baby move like crazy rolling from one side to the other. She has calmed down now, but everything feels really tight. This evening Brinton and I took a nice walk (about two miles) around the neighborhood. The weather was beautiful and finally feels spring like. I enjoyed seeing the trees starting to bud, the yellow daffodils and grass beginning to turn green. Hopefully it won’t be long. Tomorrow is my 39 week appointment, I am looking forward to any new news from the doctor!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Eeeek! I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see her! Good luck tomorrow.

KarenWaite said...

I can't wait for your little one to get here! We have a little play buddy-in-waiting. :) My belly button never popped out either, I always thought that was cute when people had that! You look great, and I'm glad you are at least feeling a little better.

Angie said...

How exciting!!!!! Just to warn you.......if your doctor pulls out your 'plug', you will be in more pain than in the delivery room. I couldn't walk for a couple of hours! Just to warn you!

Kellie said...

Hang in there...it always seems to be the longest week at the very end, never mind the whole 10 months it took to get there,lol!!!

Enjoy those bathroom visits now though because when the baby gets here, you cannot get back into bed after you get up to go, hope to hear some more news soon.

Good luck!

Nancy said...

YOu look so cute with your big belly!! I'm so excited for you. I hope everything goes well. Yay!